Re: Rear differential (center section) removal?

To: bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net
Subject: Re: Rear differential (center section) removal?
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:47:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brian W. Neuschwander wrote:

> The only problem is the unknown condition of the diff.  A rebuilt costs
> about $200+-.  Contact Chris Prugh on the list about a rebuilt he got
> from England for about that much dilivered, without having to dig for
> it.

I'm with you Brian, but it looks to have been replaced really recently
(it shone like a pearl in an otherwise filthy undercarraige) and is
really cheap (forty bucks).  The "U-Pull" yards down here in the great
American south are really inexpensive, and the owners tend to have no
clue about their Triumph inventory.  I quote: "Yep, we got wonna them
Spitfars down the back a ways.  Caint 'magine anyone wanting any of it
though, wonna them hardtop models and all.."  (Complete, solid GT6)

John (Trapped in the Bubba-zone)

--
Come see us on the Web!
http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/home.htm