Re: Abbreviations

To: seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu
Subject: Re: Abbreviations
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 3 Sep 97 9:28:46
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ed Hutchinson wrote:

>>I've been on the list for some time now and have been able to figure our
most of the abbreviations which appear such as BTW, IMHO, LBC (still haven't
figured out what the "D" stands for in DPO).

I was wondering if we could compile a list of abbreviations to be posted to
the list. There are still some that I have no clue what they are. If there
is enough interest I  would be happy to put the list together.<<

Come on, Ed, that*s half the challenge of the list!  I*m not expert, but I do
know a few ...

LBC:  little/large/lousy/lavender British car.  (take your pick)
DPO:  damn/darn/dang/dreaded previous owner
BTW:  by the way (no other interpretation)
IMHO:  in my humble opinion
TIA:  thanks in advance
YMMV:  your mileage may vary

Use of one or more of these phrases is required in order to receive the
SOLMAB (Scions of Lucas Merit Award Badge), very coveted in parts of
Slovenia and the Mascarene Islands.

--
Martin Secrest
GT6 and Spitty