Re: TR-6 fresh air vents?<340DAABD.A023099F@digimation.com>

To: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 fresh air vents?<340DAABD.A023099F@digimation.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 08:46:06 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>Erik Quackenbush wrote:

>> OK, the passenger side fresh air vent works fine in my TR-6 but the
>> driver
>> side vent does not. A cursory inspection revealed nothing obvious. Any
>> ideas?
>>
>> -Erik
>> --
>> Erik Quackenbush N3ZVC, IC Engineering Manager, Scala R & D
>> 1-610-363-3343 mailto:erik.quackenbush@scala.com http://www.scala.com

>  When I bought mine from my uncle in 84 the drivers side was stuffed
>full of oak leaves. I think it was some kind of rodent nest.  I managed
>to cleared it out with a coat hanger.

Sorry, no triumph content, but this reminded me of a story my brother told me
years ago, a bloke at the engineering place he worked owned a Hillman Minx, so
for a laugh, a few of them broke into it whilst he was working, removed the
ball air vent things, filled the ducts up with flour, replaced the vents,
switched the blower onto full, and retreated and waited for the owner to finish
work.  Apparently, upon switching the ignition on, he disappeared in a white
cloud!!! :-)

Well, it amused me anyway! :-)

Rich