Re: Use of "Bars Leaks"<Pine.SOL.3.91.970903231335.17338G-100000@unix2.n

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Use of "Bars Leaks"<Pine.SOL.3.91.970903231335.17338G-100000@unix2.nysed.gov>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 09:14:43 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>> or does some funky magic, stopping the leak, and will cause no damage
>> to the engine or cooling system.
>>
>> Anyone heard of this?

>Yes, I've heard of the pepper trick. I've often wondered if that's what
>the silver powder is that is sold in pepper-type cans as "Stop Leak" or
>something like that (made by Solder Seal, IMS). I've had good luck with
>that. Conversely, I nearly destroyed my Mayflower engine with that rabbit
>turd stuff. It didn't stop the leak I was trying to stop long enough to
>nurse the car along (actually it hadn't been all that bad, but
>significant), and all the stuff really did was clog up the whole system so
>badly that I experienced tremendous and near-fatal overheating. This is
>something you don't want to experience with a 40-year-old flathead
>(aluminum head at that) four-cylinder.

I tried putting rabbit sh*t in a engine once, that did make a mess, especially
when I dropped the wriggling little bugger onto the fan with the engine
running, rabbit stew anyone??? :-) :-)

Rich

ps, To all animal lovers 'That was a joke', I wouldn't knowingly drop a rabbit
onto a rotating fan unit, now if stuck it's head up too high as I drove over it
then that's the rabbits problem!!!

pps, that too was a joke!  I wouldn't say I'm soft, but I could pull the
trigger of an air gun once when I had a bunny in my sights, the poor thing look
to cute!!!! :-)