Re: horn

To: Joseph R Schneider <joe-schneider@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: horn
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:21:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joseph R Schneider wrote:

> (snip)
> >I'll bet that both horns are either bad, or if they're adjustable, they
> >need to be adjusted.
> (snip)
> glad you mentioned that, George, I had noticed the Haynes book has a
> reference to "adjustment", what/how do you adjust a horn?
> thanks
> Joe
>
> Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
> 76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
> "I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
> Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129 (my daughter attends a Jesuit High
> School)

On a TR3 horn there's am adjuster screw. The procedure (wear ear plugs
for this!) is to connect up the horn with an ammeter in line and adjust
the screw until the meter reads 6 amps.

I found it interesting that that would make the current draw for both
horns on the TR3 12 amps, quite a bit for a gereator system capably of
about 30 amps.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L