RE: Porsches and Porcupines

To: "richard stieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Porsches and Porcupines
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 04 Sep 1997 07:36:32 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0BE5A340EC770017-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 04 Sep 1997 07:36:32 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 04 Sep 1997 07:36:32 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0BE5A340EC770017*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Thanks, Richard.  Good story and remarkably similar to how the missus and I
felt a couple of months back at the Porsche event.  Our 64 Coupe is a
butt-ugly brown and needs a total resto.  We entered it in the "People's
Choice" catagory for laughs and actually got a couple of votes from folks
who thought we demonstrated real guts bringing such a piece of trash to the
event.

Parked next to me on the left was a guards red 63 Coupe that was very nice
indeed.  The owner bought it already restored and, I am not making this up,
had a gold necklace and a "high maintenance" female associate with him.  On
our right was a middle aged guy (wait a minute, I'm a middle aged guy too -
damn!) with a cherry 62 European model Coupe in a very rare factory
bluish-green color (everyone go "oohhh aahhh" now).  True story - the best
part was when the guy on my left asked if I knew where HIS jack was stored
under the bonnet and if it wasn't there whether he could "borrow" ours
(even though it was rusty and ugly) in order to maximize his points!  I
kindly helped him locate his jack and silently said to myself "this guy
definitely should invest in a membership with AAA"  Cheers all, and sorry
for the non-LBC content.

Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.