the source(s) of my TR6 problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: the source(s) of my TR6 problems
From: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 10:01:08 -0700
I thought I'd let the list know how my TR6's running problems were
finally sorted out.  I've promised many people that I'd fill them in
on the sources of my problems, so here it is.

After performing an engine refresh this winter (rings, bearings, and
head) it still ran very rough.  I pretty much knew it was carb
problems, but ran out of ideas on how to smooth it out, so I got help
from a local lbc mechanic.  It turns out it was a combination of things,
each of which were way off - mixture adjustment, wrong heat range plugs,
cracked distributor cap (this was a new cap!!!), sloppy after-market
rotor, bypass valves, temp compensators.

The bottom line is that my newly Sapphire Blue TR6 (the paint and body
work came out great...blatant plug for John's Auto in Balt. MD) runs
nicely for the first time since it was parked in 1989.  Chalk up one more
TR6 back on the road to stay.  You'll recognize me...I'll have the top
down no matter what the temperature is outside...right through winter.

Carl Huppert
Baltimore, MD