Re: the source(s) of my TR6 problems

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: the source(s) of my TR6 problems
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 20:40:47 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
libertyc wrote:

> I thought I'd let the list know how my TR6's running problems were
> finally sorted out.  I've promised many people that I'd fill them in
> on the sources of my problems, so here it is.
>
> After performing an engine refresh this winter (rings, bearings, and
> head) it still ran very rough.  I pretty much knew it was carb
> problems, but ran out of ideas on how to smooth it out, so I got help
> from a local lbc mechanic.  It turns out it was a combination of things,
> each of which were way off - mixture adjustment, wrong heat range plugs,
> cracked distributor cap (this was a new cap!!!), sloppy after-market
> rotor, bypass valves, temp compensators.
>
> The bottom line is that my newly Sapphire Blue TR6 (the paint and body
> work came out great...blatant plug for John's Auto in Balt. MD) runs
> nicely for the first time since it was parked in 1989.  Chalk up one more
> TR6 back on the road to stay.  You'll recognize me...I'll have the top
> down no matter what the temperature is outside...right through winter.
>
> Carl Huppert
> Baltimore, MD

Carl:

Great to hear that all is well in TR6 land. My wife and I are planning
to do a day trip to Inner Harbor in the '70 TR6 (newly painted Laurel
Green) in the next month or so. About an hour and then some drive
from Lancaster. Will keep our eyes open for you.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6