Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modificat

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modificat
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 17:27:52 -0400 (EDT)

     >The rest of the installation is straight forward and should take
     about a
     >half hour.

     Assuming... you don't drop the compression washer for the banjo
     fitting...  I wasted > half hour trying to locate the little bugger...
     ended up using the output side of a shop vac to disloge it from it's
     hiding place...  Should take about 10 min.

     Seriously, the washer is very important as it must contain the ~70 psi
     oil pressure and it is not a standard hardware store item and not
     easily replaced.

     FWIW, I have not experienced an increase in oil consumption since I
     added the oiler.  However, I have a friend who has a TRF rebuilt
     engine which had a consumption problem from day one... until he
     removed the oiler.

     Murry Mercier
     73 TR6
     CF10027 U