Re: 74 Spitfire in-line ballast resistor?

To: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Subject: Re: 74 Spitfire in-line ballast resistor?
From: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 17:24:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Clark,

The wire (pink/white) is wrapped into the main harness that runs down
the driver side of the engine. One end pokes out up on the firewall, the
other end is somewhere down by the oil filter (depending on how your
harness runs). One end will probably be crimped to a solid white wire
(bottome end), the other to a white/yellow (top end).

The easiest way to by-pass the ballast reisitor is to cut the lower
connection and crimp another solid white wire to the existing white
wire. Run the new wire back up the harness to the "+" terminal of the
coil. Should you ever need to re-install a 6v. coil, you reconnect the
original white harness wire back to the pink/white.

Double check you work by measuring the voltage at the coil with the
ignition switch in both the "Start" and the "On" position. There should
be battery voltage in both positions.

Good luck,
Charlie B.
Spitfire Pilot