Re: TriumphTune alloy valve cover info requested

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TriumphTune alloy valve cover info requested
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 07:23:43 -0700
Dave Terrick wrote:

>He just purchased, through our local agent,  the polished TT rocker cover
>for his '6.  There are several flaws on the rear end and two fairly deep
>scratches/gouges on the top edge.  The piece is very pretty but he was
>perhaps expecting something a bit better.
>
>Should he be disappointed?  Ask for a replacement?  Are they all like that?
> Can anyone speak about their experiences?

I ordered this part from TRF some years ago and was so disgusted with the
quality that I returned it immediately.  Couldn't imagine anyone selling
such a piece of garbage!  It had pits everywhere, the ribs were so shallow
they were hardly noticeable, and the sides of the cover were wavy, not
flat.  I ended up ordering the black enameled valve cover from Victoria
British and was quite satisfied with the quality.  Really looks nice under
there!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732