'76 Spitfire worth??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '76 Spitfire worth??
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 13:37:31 -0500
I was recently offered the chance to purchase a '76 Spitfire that has
been sitting in a garage for several years.  The car has a sound body,
the only rust that I could see was above the left rear wheel opening.
There are no dents and only a few other spots of surface rust.  The
chrome is all there and looks good.  The seats and door panels are in
good shape.  There are a few cracks in the dash pad and the carpet is
somewhat worn.  The dash itself is in good shape as are all of the
instruments and controls.  Mechanically everything is there, though it
has been several years since it has been started.  Supposeably the car
was running well when it was parked.  The guy had bought it for his kid
to use, but he has finished college and moved away and doesn't have any
interest in the car.  There is a clear title to it.  The odometer has
60,000 miles on it.  I'm thinking that the car is worth about $500 as
is, what does anyone else think??  Thanks!

Kevin Brown   '74 TR6  '76 TR6  '71 MGB  '74 MGBGT  '89 MR2  '97 Z28
Odessa, MO