Non TR4 springs...?

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Non TR4 springs...?
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 12:15:39 -0700 (PDT)
One of the POs of my TR4 replaced the frame some time ago... he is a
neighbor of mine and he gave me a set of springs after I spoke to him
about repair particulars... but they're not TR4 springs.

Did the spitfire/herald ever come with 2 leaf springs?  I'm none too
familiar with the IRS system, and these are very small springs... vitals are:

3 leaves, nylon bushes, 29" in length (approx), 2 spring keepers each...

They remind me of trailer springs, and that's what I'm expecting they
are... but if they're spit springs, I'd like to know!

Thanks...
-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.