RE: Ad for Free Spit (not Mine)

To: "Tom Leake" <tomleake@enol.com> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Ad for Free Spit (not Mine)
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 08 Sep 1997 08:47:13 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 048F834141E01048-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 08 Sep 1997 08:47:13 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 08 Sep 1997 08:47:13 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <048F834141E01048*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Tom Leake wrote:

I know nothing of this other than what is in the Ad
Tom Leake

1965 Triumph Spitfire, $free
(DANA POINT, CA)
Exterior: black
Interior: RED
Mileage: ?K
GOOD PARTS CAR free free
Contact Information:
Name: GAYLON
Email: 102624.1020@compuserve.com
Home Phone: 714-496-7797
Work Phone: 714-496-1711
Location: DANA POINT, CA
=========================
Hey Gang -

I went and saw this pile of sh_t this past weekend.  The DO has stripped
off anything of value.  If all you want is a bonnet, the doors the tub, and
the suspension carriers, fine.  The body is "average" straight.  It has no
tires and wheels, no trim of any kind, no interior, etc.  The motor and
trans come with it, BUT virtually everything has been stripped off the
motor, it is partially disassembled, there is no slave cylinder on the
bellhousing, etc.  When I made an appt. to see it the DO did NOT advise me
that it was laying on the ground with no wheels/tires, looking like a dead
carp.  So, I pull up with a flatbed tow truck and DUH, how in the heck did
he expect me to get it up on the truck - drag it?  Or even on a trailer for
God's sake.  He also claimed he had none of the engine parts, like the
dizzy, fuel pump, etc. - this after he told me on the phone the engine was
"complete" and just had a burned piston.  Caveat Emptor!
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
Los Angeles, CA 90015