Leaks (tenuous LBC content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaks (tenuous LBC content)
From: David.Williams@gems7.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:16:07 -0700
As I'm on the digest these days, I don't get to participate in many of the
discussions.  However, as I scanned the last few days of the Bars Leaks
thread I was struck by one of those Gestalt things....

I have had a small but very annoying leak in my hot tub for the past three
years....I have searched, traced, re-caulked, and tightened to no
avail....still the annoying drip from the bottom of the surround.

Someone on the list suggested that instead of Bars leaks, ground pepper
could be used to stop small leaks on an emergent basis.  That evening, I
looked at the hot tub and thought what the hell...I dumped a half can of
ground pepper into the tub and cranked the pumps on for three hours.  The
next morning, and the five mornings since, the concrete pad was dry, the
wet stains on the woodwork had dried up, and the leak was gone!  The filter
has removed all the pepper from the water (it's hot enough without it ) and
I'm a happy camper.  Thanks to the lister who made the suggestion!! ....I'm
going to add a can of pepper to my emergency road kits.

BTW (requisite lbc content to follow) My small mouth TR3 had a totally
bunged rad, apparently due to the use of proprietary additives by the DPO,
so I've had the thing re-cored as part of the rebuild.

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015
CF 20725