POR-15

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: POR-15
From: Tom Leake <tomleake@enol.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:22:23 -0600
With all the messages going around about POR -15,  I just thought I would
explain my experience.

My first try was with some suspension parts I cleaned them with solvent then
power wire brushed and painted.  I did not get good adhesion.  Called the
factory the explained that the appropriate surfaces to coat are either 1, Bead
or sand blasted. 2) Clean rust, 3 etched with metal ready.  They claimed that
power wire brush tends to close the pores in the metal reducing adhesion.

Following their directions I get quite good results.  You do need to be careful
with pieces that have been exposed to any oil, Blasting alone is not adequate
preparation.  The paint will fish-eye.

Tom Leake