Re: Triumphs

To: cpecod@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Subject: Re: Triumphs
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 16:04:05 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

MIke,
I had a local metalsmith, who specializes in street rods, make me a patch
panel for the battery shelf area of the bulkhead.

I can't offer too much help on how to tackle replacing the B-posts.  Sounds
like a lunatic job to me!!!;-)  If you body is still secured to the frame,
then I think you stand a better chance of maintaining your body's alignment
when the B-post is removed.  I'm sure there are some on the list who have
traveled this path and can shed some light on it for you.

I just finished installing the passenger side floor board - went
surprisingly smooth.  The hard part was drilling out all the old spot
welds.

Good luck.

Dave,
San Diego,
1970 RHD PI TR6, CP51649

w your advice on the list, and thought, I'm not a lunatic for
      tackling a major body redo! My TR-250 sadly needs new B-posts to make
      it
      right (in addition the floor/rockers). I have begun on one side at a
      time
      and taken out most of the bad bits on the driver's side. But I was
      wondering
      what to do with the alignment problem as I will temporarily have no
      B-post
      to attach a stabliser rod to??? Other than cutting out many spot
      welds,
      the job to date hasn't been too bad. I'm still waiting for inner
      rockers
      to come from TRF (after 2+months...) Where did you get the
      replacement
      battery box? Did you make one yourself? Unfortunately all this
      sheetmetal
      is costing a small fortune so I do it a little at a time. Recently I
      was
      looking at Sears MIG welders. Do you have any recomendations for the
      novice with plenty of ambition? Thanks and good luck with your car,
      Mike K.