Re: The big squeel

To: "Dave H." <nowin4me@telis.org>
Subject: Re: The big squeel
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 20:59:15 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave H. wrote:

> Greetings all.
> I have an unusual problem that I hope someone has an insite to. My '66
> Herald squeels like a pig when making a left hand "U" turn. To the right,
> no noise, but to the left you think I was doing 40 mph, instead of only
> 4.
> It's real fun in those underground parking garages though!  :-)
> I've checked the bearings (for play) and they seem okay. It has front
> disc brakes and tire pressure is good.
> Anyone?
>
> Dave
>
> 1967 Triumph Herald
> 1966 Triumph Herald
> Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

 Dave,
      I had the same problem when I purchased my spit, after a short
while I found that my tie rods were so far off that I could only turn
right 1 1/2 turns and left 2 1/4 turns from center. I would check that
out . Also ,if you could watch while someone else drives in
circles(vacent parking lot) perhaps you may get a hint as to the
problem.
         Good Luck
         Bob Harris
         76 spitfire 45276U