Re: RE-TORQUING HEAD

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RE-TORQUING HEAD
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 00:29:58 GMT
On 8 Sep 1997, Tom Tweed wrote:

> I'd have to say that the short answer must be, Do what the manual says.

The manual says re-torque after 1000 km (or something thereabout). A
mechanically knowledgable friend says that the re-torque really should
occur after the engine has been properly hot - once is enough for things
to settle.

This does seem to make some sort of sense to me - it is reasonable to
assume that the 1000 km thing was to make customer relations easier (and
also nicely coinciding with various other service and control tasks due
at that time for a new car).

Other views?

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway