Triumph Concourse Standards

To: jacad@cam.org, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Concourse Standards
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 07:44:53 -0400
Jeff Slanton wanted to know:

Are their any concours standard in print for the TR3, TR4, TR4A, TR250
and TR6?  If so where can they be bought? And how much?  I have no plans
to restore one of my TR's to this level but would like to know what it
takes?

Jeff, the Triumph Register Of America maintains concours standards for
TR2/3/3A/3B and are writing them for the TR4/4A.  These are based on the
100 point TRA system rather than the 400 point VTR one, but the originality
details are the same.  The books average about 100 pages and give both
originality details and how to properly judge and score cars.

To get the TRA TR2-3B manual contact John Gabel.  The last phone number
I have for him is (614) 889-9945.  The TR4/4A manual will be out as soon
as I get time to finish it (yes I know Hal, your draft copy for comment
is on the way - and keep the good comments coming Art & Chip) sometime
this fall.  When I ever get around to setting up the TRA web site judging
manual info will be posted.  Cost is around $20 US.

As far as TR6s???  I think it would be an excellent suggestion if someone
from VTR. 6-Pack, The Triumph Register, or others would write one.

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge...

Bruce Clough