Re: "American" Magnesium Wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: "American" Magnesium Wheels
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:24:48 -0700
Joe Sholtes wrote:

>  I remember one of us in dire need of a source of Triumph's
>optional magnesium wheels.  I also remember a post by Tom Leake,
>titled "Various Cars for Sale in Utah" in which he wrote...

I think you're talking about the American Racing "Silverstone" wheels?  8
spoke similar to the EMPI style wheel popular with VWs?

>> 65- TR4A RHD OverDrive 3 American Mags 1000 needs extensive body work
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> missing front valences, grill, rusted rockers.

I will call him and find out which wheels these are... the ones I am
looking for (I actually only need one!) are 4 spoke American Racing
Equipment wheels. (aluminum, not magnesium) 5.5" width.

>  Well, fellow lister, this is how one aquires hard to buy items.  I suggest
>that you find/buy the car, keep the mags, then resell the rest...
>
>      Just trying to help, please forgive if this topic has already
>been brought up (I am a behind-the-times digester).

Thank you, Joe for bringing up the subject again!  I like to see it
reappear after a while... this gives me more opportunities for finding my
4th wheel!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732