Re: RE-TORQUING HEAD (negligible LBC)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RE-TORQUING HEAD (negligible LBC)
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 9 Sep 97 12:38:02
All of this head retorquing talk reminds me of my first *car* (loosely termed).
A 1976 FIAT 128, which I owned in 1979, for which I promptly proceeded to
dry-sump-
spin the bearings.  (Turns out that was just one of the car*s problems.)

Anyway, after rebuilding the engine, I did the standard head retorque called
for by Haynes (500 miles, I think), but the gasket gave up the ghost a couple
years later.
Coincidence?  Hey -- with FIATs, all things are possible, grasshopper.

--
Martin Secrest
not Fiats