Care and feeding of PI systems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Care and feeding of PI systems
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 07:39:58 GMT
Seeing that there are a questions about PI systems, I suddenly realized
that many PI owners might not know about the really excellent documentation
available for these systems.

The "Petrol Injection Mk II" manual from Lucas is the original description
from Lucas. Not bad at all, and a reprint of it was made a few years ago.
It may still be available. See http://home.sn.no/home/egilk/t_doc.html

In containing the "collected wisdom" of many people and many years of PI
experience, including those of Harry Bottoms and Jim Littlehales, the
original designers and developers at Lucas, the "Triumph 2000/2500/2.5
Service Notes" is definitely the book to have for the Lucas PI maintainer.
Section 5 covers the PI system.

In my opinion it is more comprehensive, more complete and indeed more
practical than the Lucas manual. The only thing really lacking is the
metering unit settings for TR5 cam fuel curve. I can put that on a web
page if anyone is interested.

This book is only available from the 2000 register, I think.

See http://home.sn.no/home/egilk/t_bibl.html

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway