Re: tr6 ignition problems...

To: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 ignition problems...
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 06:50:15 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Worsley wrote:

>  >  Hey Fellas,
>
>  Where can I get a piece of resistance wire for my rusty old
>  TR6 that I bought a couple of months ago?
>
>  It looks like it must have shorted out and turned into a toasted
>  marshmellow.  Won't run in on position but runs good on start or with a
>  jumper battery to coil. Switch might be bad also - I haven't even hecked
>  that yet.
>
>  I will probably replace the complete harness when I restore it in a
>  couple of years after I retire and move to NC next year.  All the wires
>  are the same color (under hood paint job)
>
>  Joe Worsley
>  80 TR8
>  72 TR6 (sleeping until restoration)
>  Tupelo, MS

Joe:

Can't help you with where to get resistance wire, but I had a similar
problem with wires painted from DPO's rough engine bay paint job.
To help sort through wires and to get rid of the white paint (didn't
go well with Laurel Green) I found that nail polish remover workes
great. Romoves all paint relatively easy, doesn't discolor the wire
coating, and isn't damaging to the hands or head with fumes.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6