Re: spit body removal<3.0.1.32.19970910063543.008ff8a0@100.105.1.7>

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: spit body removal<3.0.1.32.19970910063543.008ff8a0@100.105.1.7>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 11:54:56 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>John,
>Been there done that -
>Two people can easily lift the body off the frame, you'll be surprised at
>how light the bare tub is.  One person can actually lift the entire thing
>(done that just to see), but its so big and wieldly that it takes two to
>move it around.   If you use a hoist (done that also, when no one was
>around to help) place a strap through the rear wheel arches and at the
>front, attach hooks to (or loop around) the catches that latch the bonnet
>(per factory recommended method)  As to painting, I personally would paint
>the entire tub, inside and out, then undercoat the floor, rear, and wheel
>wells, which is what I will do to the project that someday I hope to finish
>:-)

Me and the girlfriend managed to move a Spit tub easily enough, although I
didn't think it was exactly light when it fell off some timber 6 feet in the
air and cracked me on the head!!!! That bloody hurt, and I still had to hold
the damn thing up with one hand whilst rubbing my head with the other(That
sounds a bit porny to me! :-)) as I didn't want it to fall on the ground.  Let
me clarify the situation,  I rent a small garage which had some shelving at one
end, so to save Space I put the front end on the top shelf, then managed to
lift the back end up and prop some timber under it to support it, anyway, I was
stood under it moving some stuff when I caught the 'not-to-secure' timber
causing the thing to drop on my head!!!!!  OK stop laughing you inconsiderate

Cheerio

Rich