Re: Paint code

To: David Stephenson <daves96@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Paint code
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 07:08:27 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David Stephenson wrote:

> ... Triumph paint codes/colors on the internet? ... a 1974 TR-6
> with paint that is very faded from the bright California sun.
> The body exterior code on the chassis plate lists it as 82.

Congrats on your recent purchase!  Since you've joined this
list, you're well on your way to enjoying your ownership!
(Personally, I'd also suggest joining VTR and a local chapter.)

Regarding your paint, take a look at the TR6 Painting Guide at
  http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-guide-tr6.html

It lists paint code 82 as "Carmine Red."  It also has some info
that you may find helpful for the shop that paints the car.
For getting recommendations on paint shops, you may want to
consider contacting the folks at the local VTR chapter for
you.  (See http://www.vtr.org/chapters.html)

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--