RE: External oiler FIX!

To: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: External oiler FIX!
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:40:30
> To All Smokers,
> Did you know that John Kipping in the UK sells seals that you can put on the
> valves? So if you want to kick the habbit you might give him a ring.
> Richard Ceraldi
> 71 GT6 MIII KF166L
> Austin, TX
> http://www.exact.com/~gt6mk3    (has link to J. Kipping)

Have you tried these? I got some from John Kipping to fit to my
Spitfire 1500 and they appeared to be too tight a fit on the valve
guide, despite soaking in oil for 24h first. Eventually I fitted them
with force after a fashion but predictably they came off the valve
guide and disintegrated as soon as the engine fired up. I have to add
here that I had to have the car up and running to get to work so It
was pointless going back to John Kipping to complain about these
valve stem seals. He may have accidently given me the wrong size.
Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used them and got
them to work. John Kipping is not usually wrong!

Jonathan

Spitfire 1500

*************************************
Dr J.E.Miles