The Hunting of the B-Post Snark

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The Hunting of the B-Post Snark
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:51:23 -0700 (PDT)
I'm led to beleive that TR6 and TR4 share the same doors
(mechanically?)-- I hope this is true...

But do they also share the same b-post (striker pillar)...?  There's many
more TR6s than 4s on vancouver island and I stand a better chance of
finding a wrecked and un-rusty one.

I will be heading out to the Brit-car show on Sunday (hope it don't
rain...), it would sure be nice to find a local parts car rather than
worry about all my shipping woes...!

Also if there is any sort of walkthrough for b-post removal anywhere on
the 'net, I'd gladly appreciate a little coaching.  From what I see, I
have to remove the rocker and cut the post away from the floor and the
quarter panel (words...?).  Any pointers would be appreciated.

One final question-- are the bolts that hold the fender on supposed to be
skewed up or down?  ie. are the mating surfaces of the fender and body
perpendicular to the ground?  Does it matter?

Thanks,
-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.