O/D 3-RAIL J-TYPE TRANS FIT HERALD?

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: O/D 3-RAIL J-TYPE TRANS FIT HERALD?
From: VATAINC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 20:04:03 -0400 (EDT)
I'm looking at purchasing an O/D 3-rail J-type trans. to install in a ' 66
Herald 1200. The seller said he purchased the O/D trans from a Spitfire owner
who was not happy with the gearing and because of this thinks the unit my be
out of a GT6. The number on the right side of the trans as it sits in the car
is
  FK 48900 .He has called TRF for assistance in identifying the trans and
they told him the numbers do not match any of their listings and suggest it
may have been mismarked. Can anyone help identify this unit so I can
determine if it will work? Thanks you for help!

Tom Call Portland,OR
' 66 Herald Saloon