Re: (Was) Spit Heater Valve - Now GT6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: (Was) Spit Heater Valve - Now GT6
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 02:00:50 GMT
Expatriated Redcoat Robert Sykes writes:

>Well with all due respect, you could trim your toe-nails with a Dremel.
>That would guarantee renown.  (We miss you Ray.)

Ouch!!  I didn't come here to be made sport of, you know.  :-)

BTW...I wonder if any of the other listers know if Ray's son is still
planning to be at the British Invasion in Stowe...with Kermit.

>I think your top-down driving season may be as long as ours in NC.
>During July & August it's just too hot to be roasting in (on) a Spit.
>The humidity combined with +85degF temps makes me opt for an
>air conditioned ride.  Curiously, this the threshold that motivates
>owners of contemporary convertibles to put the top down.

Bobby...I think you might be on to something here.  Let me think about
this for a second... <completely ignoring your Spit roasting pun above
as I do :-)>

The owners of modern convertibles erroneously believe that the best
top-down cruising is middle-of-the-day, full-sun, +85F type stuff.
Since this is actually a very uncomfortable experience they tend to
avoid dropping the lid at *any time* .  Okay...I'll buy into this.

Guy at work has a brandy new arrestme red Camaro convertible.  It's
not a bad looking car, IMHO.  His top is never down...asked him why
and his answer was:  "Ah...takes forever to clean the interior when I
do."  He has a point....but...

>Yes, I agree but those leaves make it so much harder to find the
>parts that have fallen off the car.

 :-)

RE: GT6
>A 1971, but based on the description of the car, I think some of the
>rust may actually be a couple of years older ;-)  I haven't seen the car
>first hand yet.

You can handle it...wanna borrow my Dremel? :-)

>I've recently learned of another '66 MkI for sale.  The PDPO believes
>that this may be the oldest car surviving.  He did not provide the
>commision number, but claims it was the 700th car made (KC700 I assume).
>Does anyone here have, or know of an earlier example?
>
>Just Curious,
>-Bob
>(2)'78 Spits (but always room for 1 more Triumph)

Well...gotta defer this one to Triumph historians Andy Mace and
William Davies.  Sounds like you've got the GT6 bug though.
Good for you.  Maybe you can fit one with an air conditioner.  Then
you'll be able to drive an LBC in the summer just like us Yankees.
 :-)

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits