(Was) Spit Heater Valve - Now GT6

To: tomomalley@hey.net
Subject: (Was) Spit Heater Valve - Now GT6
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 21:26:13 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 08 Sep
Toe-nail measurer Tom O'Malley writes:

> Hmmm...I suppose if I expire tonight, this is how I'll be remembered,
> eh? :-)

Well with all due respect, you could trim your toe-nails with a Dremel.
That would guarantee renown.  (We miss you Ray.)

> >Let's see, - winter starts up there this weekend doesn't it? ;-)
>
> Ouch!!  That hurt Bobby.  There's PLENTY of great top down weather
> still to come up here in New England including some great LBC shows.
>
> It's been one of the best summers up here weather-wise that I can
> remember in a long time.  Many, many days with full sunshine and yet
> the nights were comfortable for sleep.

I think your top-down driving season may be as long as ours in NC.
During July & August it's just too hot to be roasting in (on) a Spit.
The humidity combined with +85degF temps makes me opt for an
air conditioned ride.  Curiously, this the threshold that motivates
owners of contemporary convertibles to put the top down.

> In a few weeks the leaves will start turning and we'll get a
> spectacular color display.  The crisp fall air and the sound of the
> car running through fallen leaves is something special.

Yes, I agree but those leaves make it so much harder to find the
parts that have fallen off the car.

> What do you Southern folks run your cars through...piles of GRITS or
> something like that?  :-)

No, but I hear that GRITS work well for stopping small leaks in cooling
systems.

> GT6?  Oh yes!  Now we'll surly find the truth about syncromesh in a
> three rail tranny!  What year is it?

A 1971, but based on the description of the car, I think some of the
rust
may actually be a couple of years older ;-)  I haven't seen the car
first
hand yet.

I've recently learned of another '66 MkI for sale.  The PDPO believes
that this may be the oldest car surviving.  He did not provide the
commision number, but claims it was the 700th car made (KC700 I assume).
Does anyone here have, or know of an earlier example?

Just Curious,
-Bob
(2)'78 Spits (but always room for 1 more Triumph)