Re: help with tr6 horn

To: "Mark S. Lepore, M.D." <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: help with tr6 horn
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 21:28:13 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mong,

        It is onw of three obvious components - a) the horn, b) relay or
c) the switch on the streering column.

        To test the horn:

                Remove the +12V line form the horn and take a long
                wire from the +12V of battery to horn. Caveat - wear ear
                plugs

        To test the relay:

                Remove the wires to the horn(s). Press on the horn switch
                in the steering column. you should hear a clicking
                sound from the horn relay. If not, replace the realy

        If the above to tests pass, then (assuming there's no wiring problems)
        clean, and finally , if required, replace the horm switch.

                Jeff n.

At 01:15 PM 9/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello:
>I could use some diagnostic help.  My horn used to work intermittently,
>but now doesn't work at all.  I used to have to press pretty hard on the
>horn push, but eventually it would sound.  Does anyone have any advice
>for diagnosing a horn problem.
>Thanks in advance
>Sirmoog
>'71 Tr6 Cincinnati

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.