Manchester CT show

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Manchester CT show
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 23:38:10 GMT
  Well....what a nice day.  Just got back from the British car picnic
in Manchester CT.  Perfect weather, great people and over 150 LBC's on
display in beautiful Wickham park.

It looked to me that there were more Triumphs than any other marque
but one of virtually everything seemed to be there.  The numbers of
concours-looking TRs frankly scared me.  Good thing I don't own a TR
because the competition seemed fierce.  Also sighted were plenty of
nice MGs, Healeys, several neat Minis and an Aston Martin DB5. <wow!>

On the hill I spotted a perfect blue Tiger next to two or three
sparkling Morgans.  One of which sported a V8!  <the Morgan, I mean.
:-)>

Only one Stag, Herald and Sport 6 <Vitesse> but the small chassis
Triumphs were in really beautiful condition.   Spitfires were there in
force and one yellow squaretail was competing in the concours class.

It was impressive.

I places an SOL sign on my windshield in case a list member should
happen by.  Not sure if anyone picked up on it but I did meet a few
folks in my travels.  Bob Wanta's sanitary Spit held my attention
while his attack dachshund growled each time I fondled the dual SU's.
:-)

New lister and MkIV owner Paul Arildsen showed up and tested my
flasher unit.  <yup...that's where I *thought* it was...>

Finally I met the famous <and very nice> Don Sforza who was
essentially running the whole show.  Don had his green TR4 there
and it is a beauty.  I believe he won best in class and if not he was
robbed!  <this *was* a 4 and not 4A right? :-)>

You really put a lotta work into this event Don and it showed...put me
down for next year.

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits