Replacement Part Availability Does Not Equate To Popularity

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Replacement Part Availability Does Not Equate To Popularity
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 07:10:51 -0400
Trevor, in response to Mark Stahlke talking about Miata parts availability,
wrote:

>Probably a lot more easily than you can buy parts for your TR.
>They made about 250 thousand TR2-6s in total.
>There are MILLIONS of Miatas out there, and growing.
>Which market is more likely to be able to sustain parts
development, supply, and retailing?

Watch out that you don't get mislead by this logic.  Triumphs, although having
a relatively low production count, have excellent spares service driven by a
fanatic customer base.  I have a lot harder time finding parts for our 60
Buick and 65 Plymouth, both of which were produced in quantites far greater
than any single TR (and probably more than all the TRs together), than I did
for any of out Triumphs.   Having a lot of cars made does not mean that
adequate parts will be available in the future, but having a loyal driver
following does.  Hats off to the Triumph folks for making this happen.

Anyone have a reverse light switch for a '65 Plymouth Valiant?

Bruce Clough