Clutch Fluid Line & Replacement (No M content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Fluid Line & Replacement (No M content)
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:08:07 -0400
Listers,

Managed to get my oil pan/sump bolted back on this weekend, and
continuted to part 2 -- rebuild of the slave and mc for the clutch.  I
can't seem to get the "middle" bolt on the line to do anything, except
crimp the metal part of the line.

The point that connects to the slave is an odd size, which of course, I
don't own yet  -- will stop by Sears this evening or next, I think it's
a 15/32 size, different than the bleed screw size (which is puzzling, to
say the least !).

Also, the nut where the line attaches to the clutch M/C is most
interesting.  Does anyone have any pointers on how to get to this one ?
I decided to go ahead and replace the line since the middle bolts are so
rusty and do not want to move at all.

Any votes on changing over the braided steel lines offered by Moss ?
The price is about $10 more, so it's affordable.

Thanks again for all input & suggestions !

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill (still on jackstands)