TR3A stator tube length?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A stator tube length?
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 14:24:58 -0700
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the length of the stator tube for a TR3A with
a non-adjustable, single piece steering column should be? On my car
the DPO has brazed the control head to the stator tube and the only
reason I can think of is that maybe the stator tube was cut and became
too short. From my understanding, the control head is supposed to be
seperate from the stator tube and slips inside the tube at the steering
wheel. Does anyone know how far the control head engages the stator tube?
Can anyone think of anyother reason why someone would braze the two parts
together?

Thanks,
Drew

--