clutch master cylinder tip

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: clutch master cylinder tip
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 18:11:31 -0600
Here is something which may be of interest to those planning on
replacing their clutch MC with a new one.

I have noticed that the Truechoice Motorsports catalog
(http://www.truechoice.com/) lists Girling master and slave cylinders
and they appear to be at least 1/2 the price of the prices from the big
3. However the catalog does not identify the vehicle for which the MC is
intended. It only gives the raw sepcs on each cylinder.

One of the MC's in the catalog looks identical to the clutch MC in my
TR6 and lists for $52.95 US. Same MC is $119 in the TRF catalog and $115
in the VB catalog I believe.

Granted TRF (and the other vendors) go through the trouble of selecting
the right bore etc from the vast array of Girling MCs available but if
you can do that yourself, you can save big $$$.

Although not in the catalog, I can't see why Truchoice could not get
clutch slave cylinders or brake MCs as well. Might be a good alternative
to getting same re-sleeved at Apple or Whitepost.

I have no interest...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada