Re: TR-4A: Front turn signals, repeaters, etc. ambiguity

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR-4A: Front turn signals, repeaters, etc. ambiguity
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 18:48:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John Cowan wrote:

>    Of the two lights on each of my TR-4A fenders, the amber ones facing
> sideways are called repeaters in the glovebox manual and are connected to
> the turn signal circuit.  The white lights facing forward (call them the
> WFLs for white fender lights) are not working, but are connected to the
> parking light circuit.  Both circuits show evidence of PO modification.
> Three questions:
>
> 1.  Are the repeaters supposed to be connected to the turn signal circuits?

YES... these are turn signals...

> 2.  What circuit are the WFLs supposed to be connected to (wiring diagram
> would suggest turn signals, as well).

No, they do not "blink"... they are running lights.

> 3.  How do you remove and replace the bulbs in the WFLs.  They have a
> little metal hood on top that makes them almost impossible to grasp.  I
> fing myself imagining some sort of friction tool to get them in or out.

Grab the lense with your hands... PRESS the whole lens inward... and
twist (counter clock-wise, I believe)... This will release the lens and
the chrome ring.   Sometimes they are stubborn...

Once this is removed... the bulb is a push and turn... like miniature
versions of the rear brake-light bulbs.

Good luck...

Justin

P.s. HOpe I'm remembering this all right... :)