Finished bleeding (Silicon fluid)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Finished bleeding (Silicon fluid)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 07:37:34 -0700
Well I finished bleeding the brakes with Silicon fluid.  What pinhead at
Girling (if your on the list no insult intended :-}) designed the filler
cap/bottle on the GT6/Spitfire tandem brake master cylinder?  Obviously
never had to fill the rear half, that little teeeny tiny cresent shaped
opening!  Makes you wonder what they used at the factory, a large nose
dropper??  What a pain!  It was probably to prevent the fluid from sloshing
forward into the front reservoir during the incredibly short panic stop
that all non-assisted GT6's achieve :-)  All said and done the brakes feel
pretty much the same, pedal wise, as they did before.  Haven't driven it
yet, well, because it was sorta raining (first time in 160 days) and I
haven't finished cleaning the wire wheels yet.  Should stop a little better
now that the rear brakes are functioning.  I will probably take it out for
the trial run tomorrow.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )