RE: And then there were two...

To: "suchak@mediaone.net" <suchak@mediaone.net> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: And then there were two...
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 16 Sep 1997 07:54:00 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 075B2341E9D88017-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 16 Sep 1997 07:54:00 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 16 Sep 1997 07:54:00 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <075B2341E9D88017*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Johjn wrote:
Now comes the arduous task of wire brushing off all of the old carpet
glue and surface rust blisters to prep the floors, but FOR WHAT?!?!?
Zinc primer and paint?  What's the hot ticket for rust proofing this bad
boy forever?  Are there any solutions I should spray down in the sills
to permanently seal them up?  Whats the collective wisdom of the list on
this subject?
===================
3M makes an adhesive remover that will make the clean up a lot easier.
Wear a mask, however.  I used zinc primer for my Spit, and used Bodyshutz
for the fenderwells, bottom and under bonnet areas.  I think it looks a
million times better than underseal, and you paint right over it.  You cold
shoot something similar to Waxoil into the sills, but it depends on where
you live as to the need for that stuff.  If you are in the relatively dry
Southwest U.S. don't bother.  Another thing to consider shooting into
rocker sills is structural foam that expands.  Anybody on the list tried
this yet?  Will it simply trap moisture and hasten rust?
Thoughts/comments?  Seems to me if it will not trap moisture it would be a
great way to strengthen the sills and cut down noise too.  ISTR that many
new car manufactuers are using structural foam in the A pillars for that
exact reason.  Regards,
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.