Re: And then there were two...

To: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
Subject: Re: And then there were two...
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 23:20:16 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ross;

Nice to see that I was ahead of my time! Back in the 80's I had a Honda Civic
that rotted away in the shock tower area because water would travel into that
area via the vents but it never came out. After an extensive rebuild of shock
towers, doors and other rust prone areas I undercoated all the hidden areas
and then filled them, including the doors (up to the bottom of a retracted
window) with home insulation foam. When I finished that Civic sounded like a
Mercedes when the door was slammed. Never had another problem with rust again
and it sure made the car feel tight.

I don't know if it would work on a GT6+ or Spitfire. Someone mentioned in an
earlier post that there are multiple layers of sheet metal in that area. I
wouldn't foam it unless it were solid and I was sure that it was completely
rustproofed.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan