Frame & Body Work Help

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Frame & Body Work Help
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:01:45 -0400
I need to do some body work to my 76 Spitfire in the rocker area. I'm
looking for books that would help in this area and other books on
welding techniques (e.g. MIG, TIG). Anyone have experience and
preferences?
My front frame has been bent and a body shop frame guy said he could
straigthen it. In the process, he could be heating the frame? I'm
concerned that there could be a metal molecular structure change that
results in lower strength. Am I overly concerned? Are there other
options such as gusseting after straightening?