Re: Welders

To: Doug Mathews <tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: Welders
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:16:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Doug Mathews wrote:

> I'm contemplating buying a welding system. I'm not sure what all I'll use
> it for, but there is some work I want to do on my cars. My wife says I'll
> have everything around our place cut, welded, and if she see's me close to
> her car, she'll weld me to it!
>
> Anyway, I've heard many things about welding and its been suggested I get a
> MIG welder. Whats the groups experience?

A MIG welder is a mighty handy thing to have. You can use it in ways
that you can't imagine until you have one. I've used it to repair
panels, weld panels, build up metal on worn or rusted parts, build
scafolding and frameworks for workbenchs, repair broken hinges on doors
and gates. The list goes on.

A small acetylene torch or MAP gas outfit is also extremely handy for
loosening stuck metal parts are reshaping metal panels.
--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L