Welders

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Welders
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:14:25 -0400
Someone asked a couple of days ago about welders, so I just thought I'd
relate this story, which happened today.

I've got a MIG welder, which I've gotten much use out of for my TR3
restoration. My wife has always looked on this as a tool just for use on
the TR3, although I've used it to repair many little odds & ends around
the property.

This morning, after a couple of hours sandblasting the TR3 to get it
ready for painting, I walked out of the garage for a break and noticed
something hanging down in the front of my Chevy Eurosport wagon on the
passenger side that I had never noticed before. So I took a closer look.

It was the front of the sub-frame! The damn thing had rusted out around
the rubber bushing and pulled loose from the body. Now cash is a bit
tight around my place right now, and here I'm looking at a major expense
for repair. My wife comes out and looks at it and says "Great, how do we
pay for this?"

I'm standing there thinking "I've fixed the TR3 frame, how hard can this
be?" Three hours later, the frame has all new metal in that area, and my
wife says "Thank God you had that welder." Not to mention some left
over  14 gauge steel for the repair.
--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L