RE: (no subject)

To: "lewis mckillop" <lsmc@lightspeed.net> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 17 Sep 1997 08:14:18 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0546E341FF3CA010-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 17 Sep 1997 08:14:18 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 17 Sep 1997 08:14:18 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0546E341FF3CA010*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
lewis mckillop wrote:

    howdy,
    i have a 63 spitfire. the pistons in the calipers are frozen. does
anyone have any good ideas on how to get the pistons out or should i
just get new calipers.
thanks
lewis mckillop
===================
Hey, Lewis - Y'all from Texas?

Anyways, the two best methods I have used involve compressed air or a
grease gun.  You put a tapered fitting on your air hose that will fit into
the hole where the brake line attaches, and give it a blast of air.  This
should pop out the seized piston.  Oh, BTW, stick a small piece of wood or
a cloth in between the calipers to prevent the piston from getting damaged
when it pops out.  If air doesn't work, hook up an air powered grease gun
(or manual one, I guess), stick that in the hole and start pumping in
grease.  It will also push out a stuck piston.  But beware, it makes a
Godawful mess when it finally comes out.
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
Los Angeles, CA 90015