Re: TR6 Body Removal Question

To: "Ian Clough" <c5h22a@nortel.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Body Removal Question
From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com> "TR6 Body Removal Question" (Sep 17, 8:48am)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:42:12 -0500 (CDT)
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender hapkejs@cig.mot.com )
Ian,
        I saved this message in case I ever get around to a body off
resto..This obviosly is not a complete list of bolts, but I hope it helps.

        Jeff Hapke

          It's time to take the plunge and take the body off to do some
frame repair on my '72 TR6. I believe that all the bolts are out. Before
I go and start using a jack, and messing up the entire body, I hope that
someone can coroborate that the following are all the bolts that need
to be removed. (Keeping with the thoughtful scope of the currrent thread, I
am thanking
in advance and will also respond individually with gratitude).

        After removing center console:

        1) 7 sill bolts (each side)

        2) 2 rear fender bracket bolts (each side)

        3) 2 rear quarter panel bracket bolts to frame (each side)

        4) 1 "rear seat" bolt (each side)

        5) 1 bolt securing seat belt to frame (each side)

        6) 1 bolt located by side of trunk (this is a real headache, using
           appropriate internet ettiquette, to access. It took about 2 hours
           to remove this one. The bolt is accessed through slots in the frame
           and the nut is sandwiched in a strenghening bar.) (each side)

        7) 1 bolt near front wheel well (each side)

        8) 1 bolt securing spare tire hook to frame. (center only)

        Is this the entire list? If so, any ideas why the body doesn't just
"lift off"?
        I didn't forget about all the odds 'n' ends in the engine compartment.

                Thanks,
                Jeff N.

--
Jeff S. Hapke   Motorola CIPG Arlington Heights, IL