Dif installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dif installation
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:56:46 -0500
--------------17F5C29DC747ECACA3E5DEEC

I am replacing the dif in my old Spitfire.  I have the old unit out,
thanks to my son, but I am trying to re-install it myself.  I have
everything back except the lonfg bolt at the rear. Now here's my
problem.  The mounts are out of line by about 1/2 inch.  I tried
installing the rear mounting bolt first but the front mounts wouldn't
line up, about the same 1/2 inch off.  Is it possible that my frame has
flexed from being up on stands for about three months? Any suggestions
on how to get mounts to line up?

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Houston