Re: new splines

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: new splines
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 06:58:39 -0700
Paul P. writes:
>Here's another question from a novice .. just purchased new splines, wire
>wheels and rubber for the 3 ... having all mounted and balanced ... after I
>put on the new splines I assume some lubrication should exist around these
>and the center of the wire wheels ... is there something special I should
>be using?
***************************
Yes, use anti-sieze compound on the splines, on the mating surface (cone
shaped area on the wheel and adapter, and the threads plus both mating
surfaces of the spinner or nut.  At the very least grease, preferrably a
water proof type like that used on boat trailer wheel bearings.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )