Re: Goin' to Stowe

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Goin' to Stowe
From: Bill Woodruff <woodruff@fail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:16:46 -0700

>I wonder if there is an award for the longest distance driven on a one
>day old head gasket?   ;-)

I'd definitely be a contender.  When my wife moved to California from
Michigan 2 years ago, she took the Spit/GT6.  I decided that I would
rebuild the engine before we left.  One disaster followed another (mostly
trouble getting a new set of pistons) and I finished the rebuild about 8pm
on the day we were supposed to leave.  I took the car out for a short drive
(5 miles) and then packed it up and left for California at about 10pm.
About 4 days later we arrived safely in San Francisco.

Remember the summer where all the people were dropping dead in Chicago from
the heat?  Yep, my timing was perfect; we traveled during that week.  I
guess I was trying to test the marginal cooling system in addition to a
fresh engine.  I remember little of that drive except that even with the
top down, the breeze felt like a blast furance.

William Woodruff                                woodruff@fail.com
San Francisco, CA