Re: Flashing headlights & RADAR Detectors

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: Flashing headlights & RADAR Detectors
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:15:27 -0400
Cc: up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> >  I suppose we should be glad that radar detectors aren't outlawed -
> >  They are in France, and possibly elsewhere too.
> >

> Yes, e.g. Connecticut and Virginia are two other places where radar detectors
> are against the law.   And they will ticket you.
> Cheers.

Art, et al.,

  As far as I know,only "permanantly installed and operational" (your
interpretation may vary) RADAR detectors are illegal in CT.  If you
have one either concealed or "temporarily placed on the dashbaord"
you might not be ticketed.  Connecticut has no detector detectors
-again as far as I know- like Virginia has, so if a police man dosen't
see your "operational("But officer, it was just sitting here, unplugged,
on my way from New York to Massachusetts") RADAR detection device",
you won't get caught.
  Be warned however, that the first thirty miles going north from New
York
on I-95 are efectively "RADAR jammed", by the D.O.T.'s  highway
traffic flow maintainance RADAR monitoring system. In this area,the
State Police use LASER tracking to ascertain the speed of passing mot-
orists.  Good luck, it's a jungle out there, and just don't speed..;^)

                               JOE IV
                               TR 250
                          WALLINGFORD, CT. USA